Dryer vent cleaning has become extremely popular over the last few years. In fact, because of fire risks, many states, cities, & municipalities now require dryer vent cleaning in some residential units that share dryer vent ducts.
Here is a summary of findings from a 2007 research report provide by FEMA / US Dept of Homeland Security / US Fire Administration:
- "Clothes dryer fires account for about 15,600 structure fires, 15 deaths, and 400 injuries annually.
- Eighty percent of clothes dryer fires in structures occur in residential buildings.
- Annually, 12,700 clothes dryer fires occur in residential buildings resulting in 15 deaths and 300 injuries.
- 'Failure to clean' is the leading factor contributing to clothes dryer fires in residential buildings.
- New home construction trends place clothes dryers and washing machines in more hazardous locations away from outside walls such as bedrooms, second-floor hallways, bathrooms, and kitchens." (FEMA).
As you can see, dryer vent cleaning is becoming more and more popular. Not only do government entities recognize this, but homeowners are becoming more and more aware as well. This awareness is increasing the demand for dryer vent cleaning services.
Many air duct cleaning systems require additional equipment to clean dryer vents. This means you have to spend even more money to clean dryer vents. However, the SpinDuct Professional Air Duct Cleaning System effectively cleans dryer vents without additional tools and equipment. The system comes with a RotoFlex-Sweeping Dryer Vent Brush that easily navigates through 3 and 4 inch dryer vent ducts and produces a sweeping action to remove debris from clogged dryer ducting. Good luck doing this with a wide vacuum hose with a brush attached to it! Fortunately, the SpinDuct uses a flexible rotary cable to easily navigate the dryer vent duct.
This is just another benefit of using the SpinDuct Professional Air Duct Cleaning System!
Dryer Vent Cleaning Video:
FEMA. "TFRS Volume 7, Issue 1/ Clothes Dryer Fires in Residential Buildings" 2007. 7 July 2012.